Ankylosing spondylitis is a chronic inflammatory disease of the joints and spine characterized by inflammation, pain, stiffness in the back and neck.
If not treated properly or early enough, it can lead to premature disability. A regular exercise regime and good nutrition are vital for any person suffering from this debilitating condition. However, the chronic inflammation is not completely taken care of by exercise and diet. A natural remedy for joint pain and stiffness can help a lot.
To naturally heal joints in this condition, try the following remedies:
1. Turmeric: To reduce swelling and inflammation of the joints, take turmeric regularly with water or milk. A pinch of black pepper added to the mixture will enhance its healing properties.
2. Grapes: Regular consumption of grapes have been proven particularly effective in treating joint pain caused by ankylosing spondylitis. To get maximum benefits, consume them when they are ripe and fresh, along with their seeds. The seeds play an important role in the healing process.
3. Tomatoes: Drink 2 glasses of tomato juice every day to relieve joint pain and inflammation. You may also eat tomatoes regularly with your meals, or cook them into soups and stews.
4. Cayenne pepper: This natural painkiller is available at any grocery store. Sprinkle a pinch of cayenne pepper in your food or rub it on the affected joints to relieve pain and stiffness for as long as 3 hours.
5. Ginger: This is an age-old remedy which helps increase blood circulation to reduce swelling, relieves pain and inflammation from the inside out and keeps you fit. Take a small portion of ginger before meals to heal joints naturally and also keep colds and sore throats at bay.
In addition, eat plenty of vegetables including spinach, cabbage, broccoli and cauliflower for their anti-oxidant properties which can stabilize the condition better than medication.