Usually, I’m not too good at putting my thoughts into words, but today I have the feeling it is going to be different: The first thing that comes to mind when trying to find motivation is this question: “Why do you want to motivate yourself?”
To answer this question, we first have to look back and see what kinds of things can happen if you don’t motivate yourself. I will now list a few of those for you:
* You do everything slower than necessary, or not at all (procrastination).
* You are grumpy and always complain
* You easily get tired even when doing small tasks
* You are less productive overall.
* Your work quality is poor.
* You don’t accomplish anything despite spending a lot of time.
Therefore, it is clear why someone that never finds motivation will have a hard time. Getting things done feels impossible and you are less happy in general. This can lead to the idea that you simply can’t find motivation at all, even if there was something you wanted to do.
In my experience, this isn’t true at all; motivation is a skill like any other and can be learned ! It just takes some practice and I will now tell you what helped me to develop my motivation skills:
* Try to find the root of your problems first. If you don’t know where they come from, how are you supposed to solve them?
* Stay away from negative people and websites. These can be a big drain on your motivation, especially if you get caught up in the negativity they spread!
* Instead surround yourself with positive people who will motivate you whenever you feel like quitting.
* Try thinking of all the good things you’re going to do once you’ve finished what you’re working on.
* If necessary, motivate yourself by rewarding yourself for your hard work. You could buy a new game after finishing your last assignment or treat yourself to that ice cream you always wanted!
If these tips don’t help at all, consider seeing a doctor or psychologist to make sure it’s not something serious and after that, you can start looking for further resources.
As always, I hope my tips helped! 🙂 Leave a like and share with your friends if you liked this post so they can find motivation as well!