Smoothies are a great way to get in your daily fruit servings. The only problem is that many people don’t like the taste of them! Here are some tips on how to make smoothies more tolerable and tasty!
– First of all, it’s important not to make the mistake of thinking these “tastes bad” thoughts. You are in fact drinking your fruit so remember that. Fruit doesn’t taste bad, you just may have to get used to the flavor of it.
– A great way to help yourself not think about how “bad” they are is by using low fat or non-fat milk. Milk has a lot of flavor and will mask some of the natural flavor of the fruits.
– Another way to make it more tolerable is by adding ice! Ice will help cool down your smoothie and also give a nice chilled taste to it. Crush up some ice before adding it in so that you get the maximum effect out of it. Remember, you can always add more later on!
– If you like a stronger flavor then try adding in vanilla or chocolate extract. This will certainly make the smoothie much more tolerable as it gives it a rich and sweet flavor. You might also want to try adding different types of extracts, depending on your preference.
– Perhaps the best way to mask the natural flavors is by adding in some other type of sweetener. You can use honey, maple syrup or even sugar. These will add a nice and yummy flavor to the smoothie that you are surely going to enjoy!
– If you really want your smoothies to be delicious then try using fruit juice instead of milk. Most people normally suggest reducing the amount of milk and replacing it with a cup of juice but this is not the case. You can simply use all milk or replace half the amount you usually put in for milk with fruit juice. This will certainly make your smoothie much more tolerable so try to do it if possible!
– Try using fruits that you already like and are familiar with first. Smoothies are a great way to introduce yourself to the flavor of new fruits, but if you already know that you don’t like the taste of something then avoiding it is not going to hurt. Start with the fruit that you already enjoy and add in other varieties as time goes on.
– Lastly, make sure to keep experimenting with your smoothies! Try adding in some different ingredients, change the amount of something and make sure to have fun with it!
If you’re not having fun while making them then it’s going to be much harder for you to drink them. So remember, smoothies can really be delicious when you know how to make them right…