Sea moss gel is a type of seaweed that is often used in traditional Irish and Caribbean cuisine. It is used as a thickener and in soups, stews, and other dishes to add a boost of nutrition and flavor.
Sea moss gel is also a good source of nutrients, including vitamins A, C, and E, as well as potassium, magnesium, and calcium. These nutrients can help keep the body healthy and functioning properly.
Additionally, sea moss gel has anti-inflammatory properties that can help reduce inflammation throughout the body. This can be beneficial for people with conditions like arthritis or Crohn’s disease.
Finally, sea moss gel is a natural source of antioxidants, which can help protect the body from damage caused by free radicals.
However, there has been little scientific research to support these claims.
Sea moss gel may also contain toxins that can be harmful to humans. Some of these toxins include heavy metals, like lead and mercury, and other harmful compounds, like carcinogens. These toxins can cause a variety of health problems, including cancer, birth defects, and organ damage. Ingesting sea moss gel that contains these toxins can be very dangerous, so it is important to be aware of the potential risks before using this product and consult with a healthcare provider before consuming it.