There’s no doubt that fitness is becoming increasingly popular, with more and more people looking to get in shape. However, what will the future of fitness look like? Here are some new fitness trends that we can expect to see in 2023.
1. Increased focus on mental health
There is a growing acceptance of the importance of mental health and its impact on overall wellbeing. This has led to an increase in the popularity of activities that promote mental wellbeing. In 2023, these activities will continue to grow in popularity as people become more aware of the benefits they offer.
Mental health activities, such as meditation and mindfulness, will become more popular as people look for ways to reduce the effects of stress and anxiety. These activities can help to improve mental wellbeing by teaching people how to focus on the present moment and relax their minds. Yoga is another activity that can promote mental health by helping people to connect with their bodies and release any tension or stress that they may be feeling.
2. Technology-assisted workouts
We can expect to see more and more workout programmes and apps that make use of technology to help people reach their fitness goals. This could include everything from tracking progress and providing motivation, to giving real-time feedback on form and technique.
One example of a technology-assisted workout is the Nike Training Club app. This app provides a range of workouts, each with accompanying videos that demonstrate the exercises. The app also tracks progress, provides motivation, and offers tips and advice.
Another example is the Fitbit Coach app. This app offers a variety of workouts, each with different levels of difficulty. The app tracks progress, provides feedback on form and technique, and offers motivation and encouragement.
Charity Miles. This app encourages you to get active for a good cause by tracking your miles walked or cycled and donating money to charity on your behalf. It’s a great way to stay motivated and help others at the same time!
3. Virtual reality workouts
Virtual reality is already being used in some gyms create immersive workout experiences. For example, you could find yourself cycling through the Alps or swimming with dolphins in the Great Barrier Reef.
In 2023, we can expect to see more gyms and fitness studios offering virtual reality workouts. This trend will continue to grow as the technology becomes more affordable and accessible. Virtual reality offers a great way to escape the monotony of traditional workouts and add an element of fun and excitement.
Some virtual reality workouts that you could do are the following:
1) VR boxing: This workout is a great way to get your heart rate up and work out your upper body. You can either use gloves that come with the virtual reality boxing game, or you can use objects in your environment as makeshift gloves.
2) VR cycling: This is a great workout for your lower body. You can use a real bike, or an exercise bike if you have one. If you don’t have either of those, there are many virtual reality cycling games that you can use.
3) VR hiking: This is another great workout for your lower body. Hiking uphill in virtual reality is a great way to get your heart rate up and work out your legs.